For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Tunstall Healthcare (UK) Limited of Whitley Lodge, Whitley Bridge, Yorkshire DN14 0HR
Tunstall Healthcare (UK) Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and respected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Tunstall Healthcare (UK) Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from [December 2016].
What we collect:
We may collect and process the following information and data about you:
· Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.lifeline-at-home.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product or service, place an order on our site, and when you report a problem with our site or with the services that we provide. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information and personal description.
· Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
· Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We may also receive information about you from third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) that we may work with.
· Information we collect about providing services to you: We may collect information about you from persons who are ordering services on your behalf. The information we collect may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information and personal description.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your requirements and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Information you give to us. We will use this information:
o to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
o to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
o to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
o to notify you about changes to our service;
o to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
o to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
o to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
o to allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
o as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
o to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
o to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
• Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also share your information with selected third parties including:
• Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
• Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
• Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• If Tunstall Healthcare (UK) Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Tunstall Healthcare (UK) Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.Where We Store Your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the EEA unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of you in relation to the processing of your personal data.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Lifeline at Home, Tunstall Healthcare (UK) Ltd, Whitley Lodge, Whitley Bridge, Yorkshire, DN14 0HR or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The Data Protection Act requires that data may only be retained and stored for specific purposes. In order to comply with the principles of the Act, information held by us will be:
• stored securely and appropriately having regard to the sensitivity and confidentiality of the material recorded;
• retrievable and easily traced;
• retained for only as long as necessary; and
• disposed of appropriately to prevent them falling into the hands of unauthorised personnel.